Associate in Human Services
Upon successful completion of all program requirements, graduates will be able to:
- Practice ethical standards consistent with the human services field.
- Explain how the history of human services shapes current policies and practices and provides a lens for predicting future trends.
- Apply professional helping skills congruent with evidence-based, person-centered, and strength-based approaches to service delivery.
- Employ macro-practice skills necessary for successful community organization and advocacy.
- Employ critical thinking skills required to be an effective human services professional.
- Apply written and verbal communication skills necessary for effective functioning as a human services professional.